Finding homeowners insurance in Miami can be quite a task. There are so many options available out there, it’s overwhelming to think about. By conducting proper research online, you can find affordable coverage with a trustworthy carrier. By shopping online here at Florida Insurance Quotes, you can easily start saving hundreds on a policy.
Miami home insurance prices are increasing each year. It’s rare to see a decrease in premiums when comparing to other states. In fact, Miami is home to the highest premiums in the nation. The average annual premium here is around $1900 per year.
When it comes time to compare costs and coverages, you need to completely understand the base premium for a standard home insurance policy may look affordable, but may not provide you with the proper coverage that your home needs. You should think more about this before diving into your search.
In order to determine how much home insurance coverage you need, try these steps below. Keep in mind not buying enough coverage is a huge risk. You will definitely want enough homeowners insurance in Miami FL to:
- Rebuild your home
- Replace all of your belongings
- Cover your injuries and damages that happen on your property
- Reimburse your living expenses after losing an insured home
When it comes to your dwelling coverage, it will help rebuild your home if it becomes destroyed. Dwelling coverage consists of your homes structure, all the materials it took to build it, and anything attached like a garage. Take your dwelling coverage needs into consideration when it comes time to purchase a policy.
In order to determine how much you need, your dwelling cost should be equal to the replacement cost of your house. The replacement cost is how much money it will cost to rebuild your same home again.
In order to calculate your replacement cost, use these three steps.
- Take the square footage of your home and multiply it by local construction costs.
- Next, be sure to use an online calculator to receive a second estimate.
- Once you have an estimate ask a professional to give you theirs. That way you can determine the exact replacement cost of your home.
Home Insurance Miami FL For Less
There are over 2,000,000 residents living in Miami Dade County. In addition, there are thousands of homeowners that are searching for more affordable quotes. So why are quotes here in Miami so expensive?
Anyone living in Miami Florida should understand just how much the weather impacts prices. Miami is a coastal area is vulnerable to high winds, hurricanes, hail, and flooding. Miami Dade County borders a shoreline which definitely increases the risks of storm damages. However, it is still possible to find Miami home insurance that will fit your budget and provide the coverage you need.
As mentioned above the average premium here in Miami is around $1900. While there are also many other factors that affect prices that you need to know, you should also consider how much coverage you really need to protect your home.
Always remember to check if you qualify for discounts. When it comes to home insurance in Miami, you can save a couple bucks by simply qualifying for discounts. You too can receive discounts by simply decreasing risk factors in your home. Below are a few examples of discounts you can qualify for.
- Make sure your home is equipped with smoke alarms – This is important for your own safety. Go ahead and install a smoke detector in every room of your home. This discount alone can save you up to 20%.
- Bundle your policies – Try combining your home and auto policies. Merging all of your insurance into one single company with the help of FloridaInsuranceQuotes.net can save you up to $500.
- Install a security system – Installing a home security system not only decreases the risk of your home being broken into, but it also allows you to qualify for a 20% discount.
- Make sure your home is equipped with a fire extinguisher – Be prepared in the case of a small fire. This could happen at any time, therefore, its handy to have one in your home.
- Never smoke inside your home – Smoking inside your home increases the risk of a fire. By not smoking you can save at least 15% on your premiums.
Do I need to purchase Flood coverage if I have a Miami FL homeowners policy?
Flooding is not covered by your homeowners policy. In order to determine if you need flood insurance, be sure to educate yourself on the flood history in your area. If there is any potential for flooding, it is definitely recommended to purchase a policy.
FloridaInsuranceQuotes.net helps make it easy to save money on homeowners insurance in Miami. To begin your search, fill out our form and collect a few Miami homeowners insurance quotes. Not only do we provide shoppers with great quotes, we compare each person with 25 of the top companies in Florida. Within seconds you will receive Miami insurance quotes online Do not let these expensive quotes get you down. Start saving today.